1 like or containing small stick lumps; "the dumplings were chunky pieces of uncooked dough" [syn: lumpy]
2 short and thick; as e.g. having short legs and heavy musculature; "some people seem born to be square and chunky"; "a dumpy little dumpling of a woman"; "dachshunds are long lowset dogs with drooping ears"; "a little church with a squat tower"; "a squatty red smokestack"; "a stumpy ungainly figure" [syn: dumpy, low-set, squat, squatty, stumpy] [also: chunkiest, chunkier]
- Rhymes: -ʌŋki
- characterized by the pervasiveness of chunks
- I ate a chunky bar of chocolate.
- (when describing a person) euphemism for fat
- I prefer chunky blonde girls to skinny brunettes.
Chunk or chunky may refer to:
- Chunk (information)
- Packed pixel, or "chunky", a method of frame buffer organization in computer graphics
- Chunk, a character published by DC Comics
- Chunky, Mississippi, a town in the United States of America
- Chunky River, a river in Mississippi in the United States of America
- Nestlé Chunky, a candy bar
- Chunky Kong, a character in the video game Donkey Kong 64
- "Chunk", the nickname of Lawrence Cohen, a character in the film The Goonies
- C.h.u.n.k. 666, a tall bike club in the United States of America
- Chunky: Refering to a chubby person.
- Chunking, for meanings where the word Chunk is used as a verb
adipose, beefy, big-bellied, bloated, blocky, blowzy, bosomy, brawny, burly, buxom, chubby, corpulent, distended, dumpy, fat, fattish, fleshy, full, gross, heavyset, hefty, hippy, imposing, lusty, meaty, obese, overweight, paunchy, plump, podgy, portly, potbellied, pudgy, puffy, pug, pugged, pursy, retrousse, roly-poly, rotund, snub-nosed, squab, square, squat, squattish, squatty, stalwart, stocky, stout, strapping, stubbed, stubby, stumpy, swollen, thick-bodied, thickset, top-heavy, tubby, turned-up, well-fed